Club Sessions Are Starting Again at the Pool!
From the start of September to the end of May bank holiday, the Monday evening club sessions will be in Penrith Leisure Centre pool,
The 1st session is from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm and is for beginners or people learning to play canoe polo. The small pool is then available for a further 20 mins for learning to roll or for practicing ball skills. The main pool is for learning more canoe polo-specific skills.
The 2nd session starts at 7:15 pm and finishes at 8 pm and is an open session for the more confident paddlers.
All equipment is provided. You just need shorts, a shirt, and possible wetsuit shoes as the kayak footrests aren't that comfortable. If you bring your own equipment, it should be polo legal.
As a new member, you get 3 introductory sessions, after which you need to join the club, to be covered by BC insurance.
Latest info (scroll down for more info!):-
- We are now back in the pool on Monday evenings, from start of September 2021 to May 2022. Thursday evening sessions at the lake will continue hopefully till mid october, but its getting dark by 8pm these days, so get there as soon after 6pm as you can. However, you will need to arrange equipment as its all at the pool. Ask a committee member for details.
- Merchanidise ie Hoodies & tee shirts etc can now be ordered direct at http://www.clubmerchandise.org/penrith-canoeing-club/
- For tournament reports and press articles, see News section tab above.
- Club is acredited with BC Quality Mark & Sport England Club Mark.
- Membership renewals are due in September, complete the online application and preferably set up a direct debit.
For summer 2016, we had a trial at Ullswater Yacht Club, which proved to be an excellent venue. We will be there for the foreseeable future, from May bank holiday through to start of September. The outdoor pitch fits perfectly between the yacht club jetties and our floating goals tie on to the jetties easily. We are also looking into an alternate place for the pitch so we can run tournaments. The water is clean and the air is fresh!! All equipment is provided. Personal equipment brought to club sessions must be 'polo legal', for safety reasons. Some folk are training there over the winter as well. See Jack, Dan, Luke or Katie if you want to join them.
What is Canoe Polo
Not sure what Canoe Polo is? The Canoe Show have put together a short video explaining what the sport is. Below is a link to the video.