Club Sessions Are Starting Again!
We're pleased to announce that we are now formally starting club sessions again at Ullswater Yacht Club. We have worked hard to ensure that we can keep everybody safe while still having a fun and enjoyable time.
The first club session will be this Monday (3rd August) starting at 18:30. To comply with the Government, BCU and Yacht Club Covid-19 guidelines, we are having two sessions each with a limit of six people and staggering arrival times. To ensure we do not have too many people turning up, we have created a booking system which you can view at the bottom of the email. We are also running sessions on Thursday so there is enough space for everybody to get their polo fix each week! As such, we will be restarting the £20 a month membership fee which will be collected this month. If you do not intend to come down over summer, please let us know and we'll keep you on the membership only fee of £5.
Once on the water, we can allow for a larger group but will be implementing a no pushing rule when we play a game.
Things to note when you come to the club session:
- Ensure you have a booked a slot using the booking form
- When arriving there is a one-way system in place
- We ask all members to ensure the gate is closed when you arrive
- You will need to get changed before you arrive or by the side of your car
- There are toilets available on sites but the main building is closed
- Parents you can stay but please follow the social distancing rules
- When getting kit out of the trailer, please sanitise your hands on entering and exiting the trailer and we are only allowing one person in the trailer at a time
- Please disinfect your boat and paddle when putting back in the trailer
- The passing of the ball is allowed but if you do not feel comfortable with this please let the lead coach know
- You should not come down if you have Covid-19 symptoms or a member of your household has the symptoms
To help minimise contact as much as possible we will be asking members to keep hold of their BA, helmet and spraydeck. If you could fill out the borrowing sheet on the club booking form that would be great!
Also if you need a dryrobe (great for getting changed outside) or would like to buy your own spraydeck Border Kayaks are offering all club members 15% off when ordering: https://www.borderkayaks.co.uk
Latest info (scroll down for more info!):-
- Well done to Katie & Caitlin who got a silver medal at the European Championships with the GB U21 womens team.
- We are now back in the pool on Monday evenings, from start of September 2019 to May 2020. Thursday evening sessions will continue hopefully till mid october, but its getting dark by 8pm these days, so get there as soon after 6pm as you can.
- Merchanidise ie Hoodies & tee shirts etc can now be ordered direct at http://www.clubmerchandise.org/penrith-canoeing-club/
- For tournament reports and press articles, see News section tab above.
- Club is acredited with BC Quality Mark & Sport England Club Mark.
- Membership renewals are due in September, complete the online application and preferably set up a direct debit.
- Tournament dates are under "Events" tab. Get them in your diary! We'll keep adding them as we get the dates confirmed.
For summer 2016, we had a trial at Ullswater Yacht Club, which proved to be an excellent venue. We will be there for the foreseeable future, from May bank holiday through to start of September. The outdoor pitch fits perfectly between the yacht club jetties and our floating goals tie on to the jetties easily. We are also looking into an alternate place for the pitch so we can run tournaments. The water is clean and the air is fresh!! All equipment is provided. Personal equipment brought to club sessions must be 'polo legal', for safety reasons. Some folk are training there over the winter as well. See Jack, Dan, Luke or Katie if you want to join them.
What is Canoe Polo
Not sure what Canoe Polo is? The Canoe Show have put together a short video explaining what the sport is. Below is a link to the video.